Luna Zorro, a boutique textile design firm located in Antigua, Guatemala seeks Production Assistant with strong potential for growth. This position is a wonderful opportunity to support the Founder and Creative Director to grow the business through creative and strategic planning, get to know the textile design industry, work directly with artisans, and learn on the job about the intricacies of running a social impact business.
- Advanced English spoken and written
- Extremely organized person who excels in logistics, planning, research and goal setting
- A "finisher" who knows how to get things done
- Adaptable to an ever-changing schedule
- Independent and pro-active self starter
- Highly proficient in Graphic Design including Photoshop and InDesign
- Skilled in Web Design, familiar with Shopify, Wordpress, and Squarespace
- Knowledgeable and experienced with social media marketing
- Comfortable traveling with Founder throughout rural areas of Guatemala
- Values the importance of social impact work and artisan empowerment
- Has lived outside of the US or has extensive experience with travel
- Owns personal computer
- 6 month minimum commitment
Preferred Skills (not required):
- Already lives in Guatemala
- Advanced Spanish spoken
- Marketing and brand experience
- Knowledge of textiles, weaving, and artisans
- Experience with interior design and styling
- Previous work experience in Guatemala
- Owns a car or motorcycle
General Tasks & Duties:
- Works directly with CEO on a 3x per week basis average (with potential for full time employment)
- Work days include (but are not limited to) assisting with packaging and shipping orders, scheduling, daily production tasks, keeping google docs updated, graphic design of collections and look books, website updates, organizing textile & photo inventory, social media and public relations outreach.
- Other tasks include:
· Assist in new product development and sampling
· Assist with photo shoots and styling
· Liaison with artisans by phone and text when needed
· Transport products between weavers and other local partners (within Antigua)
*Compensation is dependent on experience and reflects a Guatemalan pay scale.
*Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.